We all need them!
The following are the Terms and Conditions of Mount Brandon Cottages. They form the basis of our contract. Please take the time to read them before booking a holiday cottage with us!
A booking for Mount Brandon Cottages is only confirmed when a minimum of €150.00 or a deposit of one third of the holiday rental (to the nearest Euro) together with a completed and signed booking form is received. All payments must be made in euro currency.
Due to a high volume of booking enquiries, your requested accommodation will not be confirmed, held, or guaranteed without receipt of the deposit payment and signed booking form.
All payments must be made by EFT, cash or cheque, unless otherwise agreed.
The full outstanding balance is payable no later than 4 weeks before the arrival date.
Reminders will not be sent, unless requested.
If the full balance is not paid on time, we reserve the right to cancel your booking, in which case the deposit will be forfeited.
Bookings received within 6 weeks before the arrival date must be paid in full.
Until the full pre-payment and the signed booking form are received, your booking is provisional. Provisional bookings are held for a maximum of 7 days from the date of enquiry and will be released without notice.
|SECURITY DEPOSIT AND DUE CARE
· As we are committed to providing the highest standards of services for all our guests, visitors are expected to keep the premises, fittings, furniture and all items within the accommodation walls and throughout the accommodation site in the same state of repair and condition for the duration of stay.
· Please note that a security deposit of €100 in cash is due on arrival. This deposit will be returned within 7 days of your departure, once the property has been checked for any breakages, or damages and has been returned in its original condition.
· Before departure, please inform us of any damage or breakages. Where there is significant damage to property full repayment will be sought and the security deposit will be fully, or partially withheld to cover any associated costs.
· The visitor/s is/are asked to leave the accommodation clean and tidy. We reserve the right to make a charge for extra cleaning (which will be deducted from the security deposit) if the accommodation is not left in a satisfactory condition.
· Final cleaning is included in the rental charge, but failure to leave the cottage in a clean and tidy condition, may result in the loss of the security deposit or a minimum cleaning charge of €50.00. In particular, guests are expected to clean up spillages of any kind in any room as they occur, and all kitchen dishes, pans and utensils must be thoroughly washed when they are used. A full cleaning kit is provided, in addition to a sweeping brush, mop & bucket, vacuum cleaner, and dishwasher.
· Electricity is metered and must be paid for separately by cash on departure. You only pay for what you have used during your stay.
· Heating is charged at a daily rate of €5.00 to €7.00 depending on the time of year, but only when the Stanley (OFCH in House No. 2) is running.
We always aim to have some home-baked goods to welcome you to the cottage.
The first fill of solid fuel is on us.
Crockery, cutlery and bed linen. N.B.: Due to COVID-19 we ask you to bring your own towels.
Access to garden, patio and BBQ hut.
Wi-Fi, DVD player and free-to-air Satellite TV
Car Parking for a maximum of 2 cars per cottage
|· Please note that housekeeping is not included in your rate. However, housekeeping can be arranged (subject to availability) at an additional fee of €15 per hour.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE (normal trading circumstances)
|· Mount Brandon Cottages are available from 3pm on arrival day and should be vacated no later than 10.00am on the final day of your stay.
· These times may be flexible subject to prior arrangement.
· Please advise us of your approximate arrival time prior to your stay.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE (COVID-19 trading circumstances)
· Please note that due to additional cleaning requirements demanded during the COVID-19 pandemic, Mount Brandon Cottages are available from 5pm on arrival day and should be vacated no later than 09.00am on the final day of your stay.
· Please advise us of your approximate arrival time prior to your stay.
|OCCUPANTS AND MANAGEMENT OF BOOKINGS
· The accommodation is designed for adult and family use.
· Please note that tents and camper vans are not permitted.
· Please do not exceed the number of occupants advised for your reserved accommodation, which is a maximum of 5 per house.
· Where two parties arrange to confirm and book Mount Brandon Cottages, the booking will be accepted by one person only. This person is responsible for all payments and any liabilities regarding damage. Please do not move items (including crockery and cutlery) between houses.
· We reserve the right to terminate this contract (and ultimately your holiday), if the behaviour of any guest is likely to endanger the safety or well being of himself/herself or others, or contravenes these terms & conditions, or damages or is likely to damage the property of Mount Brandon Cottages.
NO SMOKING POLICY
· Mount Brandon Cottages operate a no smoking policy anywhere inside the premises.
· Please note that ashtrays are not provided and if you do smoke outdoors, we ask that you dispose of cigarette butts appropriately.
|LEAVE NO TRACE POLICY
· Please ensure that you recycle household waste in the appropriate bins. Failure to comply will result in partial loss of the security deposit.
· Each house has recycling information, and we would ask that you adhere to this during your stay.
· To preserve and conserve our natural environment as much as possible, we operate a ‘Leave No Trace’ policy on site and encourage our guests to practise the principles of this policy according to the guidelines available in Mount Brandon Cottages.
· Please note that there are recycling facilities for glass, drink and food cans at ALDI, Graiguenamanagh.
|ARRANGING PERSONAL INSURANCE COVER/LIABILITY
· We will not be liable for any act, neglect, or default on the part of any person nor any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense, or inconvenience whether to person or property which the tenant or any other person may suffer or incur arising out of or in any way connected with the letting or resulting from any other cause whatsoever.
· We advise you to arrange your own personal insurance to cover yourselves and your personal belongings while staying at the property.
· Pets, except for guide dogs, are only allowed by prior arrangement.
· We provide an excellent B.B.Q. hut for our guests to enjoy. If you use the B.B.Q. you must clean it thoroughly after each use, as other guests may wish to use the B.B.Q. hut. Make sure to turn off the gas after use.
· If you fail to clean the B.B.Q. after use, a charge of €30.00 will be deducted from your security deposit.
· We really do make every effort to ensure that you have a happy and memorable stay.
· If, however, you have any cause for complaint, we would ask that you allow us to rectify the issue as soon as possible and while you are in residence.
· It is essential that you contact us if any problem arises so that it can be speedily resolved. It is often extremely difficult (and sometimes impossible) to resolve difficulties properly unless we are promptly notified.
· If any complaint cannot be resolved while you are in residence, please do write to us with full details as soon as possible and no later than within 7 days of your departure date.
|CANCELLATION POLICY (normal trading)
· If you have to cancel for whatever reason, we will do our best to re-let the cancelled booking and refund your rental in full.
– Less a Cancellation/Administration Charge of €80
– And less any losses incurred if the accommodation is re-let to another party at a short notice, lower price.
· Cancellations must be received as soon as possible in writing.
· If we do not succeed in re-letting Mount Brandon Cottages, we reserve the right to apply cancellation charges as follows (for example):
– 90 days in advance of arrival, a full refund of the rental fee is made, less an administration charge of €80.00
– 60 – 45 days in advance of arrival, 30% of the total rental fee, plus an administration charge of €80.00 applies.
– 45 – 22 days in advance of arrival, 60% of the total rental fee, plus an administration charge of €80.00 applies.
– Less than 21 days, (e.g.) 100% of the total rental fee applies.
· Please note that cancellation fees and terms apply to fully cancelled bookings and partially cancelled bookings (for example, reducing a 14-night stay to a 7-night stay).
CANCELLATION POLICY (COVID-19 trading)
· Should Mount Brandon Cottages have to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances, or a COVID-19 related matter, you will be informed immediately.
· In this case you will have the option of
– Transferring the booking to a suitable date no later than December of the current year, subject to availability and subject to a change in price.
– Having your booking refunded in full.
If for any reason your booking needs to be curtailed, altered or cancelled due to circumstances beyond your (the customer) and/or our control (Mount Brandon Cottages) that prevent, hinder or delay the ability for your booking to be realised (for example fire, flood, exceptional weather or environmental conditions, issues regarding water/electrical supplies, pandemics, epidemics, riots, acts of government, terrorism, earthquakes, war destruction/damage to the property or any other “force majeure“ that is beyond the control of the customer and/or supplier), you will be offered
– The opportunity to defer your booking to an available date at an equivalent cost up to 12 months after your original booking date OR
– A partial refund of 30%. The remaining balance withheld can be set against a future booking made by you within 12 months of your original booking date.
Note: “The management” when referred to in the above Terms & Conditions shall be taken to mean either Andrea Wenner or a nominated caretaker. A caretaker will be nominated only in the absence of Andrea Wenner in which event contact details for the caretaker will be notified to guests.